Wow. This show is now crazy big. Obviously not Rhinebeck big but probably the size of The Fiber Event in Greencastle. It’s called The Wool Gathering and near Yellow Springs, Ohio. The show is only Saturday and Sunday and there are no classes due to space limitations. It is on the grounds of a dairy farm and vendors are set up under tents.
I went with three friends and we got there right about the time it opened. Man was it crowded already! We shopped, then shopped some more and then shopped even more. I had a couple items I was on the hunt for but otherwise I want to buy some “unique” fibers and/or blends to try. Mostly that ended up being yak.
- Eucalan in Wrapture scent – what I used for washing handspun and finished knitted pieces. Not exactly exciting but this is my favorite scent.
- Lotions from Amazing Grace Farms – I love this stuff. It is by far my favorite lotion. No dyes and its very hypoallergenic. The proceeds go to support her animal rescue, which makes it all the better. Please check out her website and consider ordering. The peppermint and lavender are my two favorites.
- The candle melts aren’t actually from the Fiber Festival – we stopped at a huge candle store on the way home.
On to the fibery stuff:
- (#2) Fiber Optic Merino/Silk Gradient Top in Onxy-Crimson
- (#3) Fiber Optic Merino/Silk Gradient Top in Black-Red-Yellow – this is to try some fractal spinning
- (#4) Fiber Optic Foot Notes Paintbox in Blackbird Gradient
- (#5) Abstract Fiber Yak/Silk blend in the color Alfalfa – normally I’m not a big Abstract Fiber fan but I loved this colorway, especially out in the sunlight.
- (#6) 100% natural yak down roving from Lucky Cat Craft. She always has the most unique and unusual fibers. I can’t wait to try this!
- (#7) 100% Eri silk roving also from Lucky Cat Craft. So soft and luxurious – this will be my first time spinning 100% silk.
- (#8) Last but not least – something from a dyer whose work I’ve admired but never tried – Happy Fuzzy Yarns. The fiber is 50% merino, 50% yak in the colorway Mostly Water.