Spinzilla starts in 5 hours. 12:01am local time to be exact. Is everyone ready?
I only sort of am. Eeek! The major thing I didn’t get done was predrafting my fiber. What I did get predrafting took a lot longer than I expected (evil, evil Malabrigo Nube). But, I’m about to a stopping point so I can catch a nap before midnight. I will probably post mid-week about my progress but it will probably be short and picture heavy. Sometime early next week I’ll have a proper detailed post about what I spun, etc. Anyways, here’s what I did get done in the past week to prepare for Spinzilla.
- I cleaned my wheel and replaced the drive band last weekend. And I mean I deep cleaned this puppy – all the grease, fuzzies and dust. The drive band was stretched out and needed to be replaced so I could use my lace flyer.
- Made and bought food for the week that requires minimal prep time. Chili, a couple freezer meals, muffins, fruit and cheese for snacks and plenty of diet dew.
- Picked out fibers. At the time there were 28 ounces. Today I added another 4 because I thought I might run short.
- Prepped/predrafted fibers. Unfortunately, only about 14 ounces are truly predrafted. I might finish 2 more ounces before I go take that nap. At least everyone is split out into two equal bags (one for each ply). The nube is in three bags because I’m going to do a three ply.
- Setup the spinning area. I took some stuff out of the loft (my swift, fiber that doesn’t fit in bins, etc) to have plenty of open space. I spin in my recliner and ply in the wooden chair. The skeinwinder is right next to my weighing/measuring station. And the TV is viewable from everywhere.
- Setup my washing/drying space. I was going to use the guest bath off the loft but I will have a guest one night this week and highly doubt he wants to take a shower with a drying rack. So, I setup in my master bath tub which actually has more room. I usually wash my handspun with Eucalan but I set out a bit of synthropol in case there is any dye issues.