What’s on my needles right now!
Between #projectfiberroom, family stuff and busy season at work, my knitting and spinning has suffered. But, looking back to the last time I did an “On the Needles,” I have some updating to do.
- Scarlet Capelet – Yep, still working on this. I picked it up briefly and did get gauge still so that’s a plus. This pattern (Scarlet Capelet) is also by Heather Zoppetti. The yarn is Miss Babs Northumbria Aran in Vlads.
- Starshower Cowl – I got a little ways into this. I need good light because the handspun is so dark. I selected this to use my blue/purple handspun from Spinner’s Cottage. The pattern is Starshower by Hilary Smith Callis. It looks like it will be a cool knit – a cowl with a twist. It is designed to be able to be worn around the shoulders.
- Color Affection Shawl – Also started just a bit. A colorwork shawl with different sections of stripes. Yarn is Fiber Optics Yarn‘s Foot Notes in Graphite, Bordello and Teal Batik. Pattern is Color Affection by Veera Valimaki.
- Close Knit Waffle Hat – So I lost my hat that went with my cowl. This is my everyday, matches my winter coat cowl and hat. I got *really* lucky and found the same yarn, in the same dyelot, from my LYS (where I bought two skeins a year ago). I’m knitting a different pattern but with the same number of cast on stitches and the same needle size. I hope to be done tonight or tomorrow. Pattern is Close Knit Waffle Hat by Leah Bandstra of Close Knit Blog. Yarn is Misti Alpaca Tonos Chunky in Teal.
- Diadem– Squeal! So excited to knit this. As a bit of backstory, I dislike knitting socks and my friend Patty doesn’t always get along with lace (would be hard for you too with 3 dogs, 1 cat, 2 bunnies and 2 kids). So we decided to swap skills. We each bought our own yarn and I am knitting her a lace shawl and she is knitting me socks. I actually started another shawl but got real worried I would run out of yarn. So Patty found this one which I had in my queue and am excited to start knitting. So off I go. Yarn is from Zen Garden (I think Serenity Silk – the light fingering weight one) and the pattern is Diadem by Ruth Greenwald.