What’s on my needles right now!
As part of my new blog schedule I expect to write this post once a month. As I get better about getting stuff done I hope the items in this post will change more frequently.
- Diadem– I’m loving this knitting. As a bit of backstory, I dislike knitting socks and my friend Patty doesn’t always get along with lace (would be hard for you too with 3 dogs, 1 cat, 2 bunnies and 2 kids). So we decided to swap skills. We each bought our own yarn and I am knitting her a lace shawl and she is knitting me socks. I actually started another shawl but got real worried I would run out of yarn. So switched over to this pattern which I’m loving. Yarn is from Zen Garden (I think Serenity Silk – the light fingering weight one) and the pattern is Diadem by Ruth Greenwald.
- Self-Designed Cowl – I’m keeping the details under wraps but this is certainly something I’m focusing on this month. Fingering weight cowl – all I’m sharing right now. As of today I’m about 25% of the way done.
- Scarlet Capelet – Yep, still working on this. I picked it up briefly and did get gauge still so that’s a plus. I like it well enough but its hit the point where its large and cumbersome. This pattern (Scarlet Capelet) is also by Heather Zoppetti. The yarn is Miss Babs Northumbria Aran in Vlads.
- Starshower Cowl – I got a little ways into this. I need good light because the handspun is so dark. I selected this to use my blue/purple handspun from Spinner’s Cottage. The pattern is Starshower by Hilary Smith Callis. It looks like it will be a cool knit – a cowl with a twist. It is designed to be able to be worn around the shoulders.
- Color Affection Shawl – Also started just a bit. A colorwork shawl with different sections of stripes. Yarn is Fiber Optics Yarn‘s Foot Notes in Graphite, Bordello and Teal Batik. Pattern is Color Affection by Veera Valimaki. Since I took this picture I had to frog and start over. Lost my spot and couldn’t figure out where to restart.