What’s on my needles right now!
Skipped this post last month (again) but now I’ve actually got new things on the needles! I’ve been very project monogamous lately so one thing is done and barely anything else has been worked on. So much so I didn’t both updating some of the pictures.
- Florence Cathedral Cowl – I actually finished something (yea!) but since it is a new design you won’t see a post about it until it is published next month. I know I said it would be a shawl but the stitch pattern was pretty adamant it wanted to be a cowl (with lace and beads). Who am I to argue? I finished the knitting last week, wrote the pattern Friday night and took pictures on Sunday. Next step is tech editing and test knitting, both of which just take time. I’m aiming for an end of October pattern release at this point.
- Super secret project #1 – I’m getting ready to start (just waiting on the yarn, which should arrive today) but am not going to be posting any details here or on Instagram because I can’t swear the gift recipient wouldn’t see it. Two skeins of fingering weight yarn and is from a new book I got last month. It is for the recipient’s birthday, which is in early November, so hopefully I’ve got plenty of time. Says the world’s slowest knitter.
- Big Chunky Comfy Hat – Just a quick hat so I feel like I’ve accomplished something. I’m about four rounds in but am not sure it will be big enough so I may be starting over. Yarn is Malabrigo Rasta (super-bulky) in the colorway Plomo which is a purply-gray color. Pattern (free) is Big Chunky Comfy Hat by Nomad Yarns.
- Super secret project #2 – This one isn’t quite as secretive because I told the gift receipient earlier this year I would knit it for her. So she just doesn’t know what it will look like. I’m knitting for her one my wide cuff wire beaded bracelets. Need to be done by October 9th.
- Caprica Socks – Back to knitting socks. This have gone cold. I’ve put maybe an inch on them since July? Just not something I’m loving right now and I think its because I really don’t like little dpns. I did order a small eight inch circular to try knitting socks with but need to ball up some other yarn. If those go better these will probably get frogged. These are toe-up but I’m not following a pattern, per se. It’s slow going but I have some more self-striping sock yarn I want to use, which is motivating me. Yarn is Knit Picks Felici, a super soft merino/nylon blend, in the colorway Caprica.
- Diadem– Post new cowl, this one is now back on the front burner. Brief reminder – this is the shawl I’m knitting for my friend Patty in exchange for a pair of handknit socks. And she’s making good progress on the socks so I better hurry this up! Yarn is from Zen Garden (I think Serenity Silk – the light fingering weight one) and the pattern is Diadem by Ruth Greenwald.
- Scarlet Capelet – This is hanging on the back burner, like way back there. I picked it up briefly and did get gauge still so that’s a plus. I like it well enough but its hit the point where its large and cumbersome. This pattern (Scarlet Capelet) is also by Heather Zoppetti. The yarn is Miss Babs Northumbria Aran in Vlads.
- Starshower Cowl – I got a little ways into this. I need good light because the handspun is so dark. I selected this to use my blue/purple handspun from Spinner’s Cottage. The pattern is Starshower by Hilary Smith Callis. It looks like it will be a cool knit – a cowl with a twist. It is designed to be able to be worn around the shoulders.
- Color Affection Shawl – Frogged but haven’t started over yet. I still want to knit it (at a tighter gauge) but other things are more interesting right now.