What’s on my needles right now!
Back into the swing of my regular blog schedule! It’s funny – when I travel I feel the need to take multiple projects (just in case something goes haywire) but I usually only work on one or two. I seem to do that, focus on a singular project until I’m either done or bored. Then I move on. So on to my current projects.
- Mansion House – My current shawl. At first I didn’t love it but its grown on me. Pattern is Mansion House by Toby Roxane Designs, and is a DK weight shawl with twisted stitches. I’m using Grinning Gargoyle Primo in Signature Red.
- Starry Whovian Socks – I am still loving knitting on this tiny circular needle. It’s become my current “brainless knitting” project that I can do anywhere, anytime. These are plain socks with ribbing across the top, knit toe-up with an after-thought heel. I’m using Quaere Fibre Sparkle Sock in the colorway Dr. Who Vincent and the Doctor.
- Caprica Socks – More socks. This has gone into hibernation. I might pull them out after my Whovian socks and keep knitting or I might rip them out. Yarn is Knit Picks Felici, a super soft merino/nylon blend, in the colorway Caprica.
- Diadem– I’m hoping to return to focusing on this next. Unfortunately, I need to knit it at home, in good light, with minimal distraction. Brief reminder – this is the shawl I’m knitting for my friend Patty in exchange for a pair of handknit socks. And she’s making good progress on the socks so I better hurry this up! Yarn is from Zen Garden (I think Serenity Silk – the light fingering weight one) and the pattern is Diadem by Ruth Greenwald.
- Crossroads Hat – I made a little progress on this but am still not sure on the sizing. So, more tweaking might be yet to come. I actually started this one time before too but didn’t like the gauge so frogged to restart with smaller needles. Now I think its going to be small. This yarn for this colorwork hat is alpaca so I want it at a tight gauge to prevent it from growing.
- Scarlet Capelet – This is hanging on the back burner, like way back there. So far back I’m actually considering ripping it out. Why? I’m not sure I like the hood because its a very big and wide hood. This pattern (Scarlet Capelet) is also by Heather Zoppetti. The yarn is Miss Babs Northumbria Aran in Vlads.
- Starshower Cowl – I got a little ways into this and then frogged. I need good light because the handspun is so dark. I selected this to use my blue/purple handspun from Spinner’s Cottage. The pattern is Starshower by Hilary Smith Callis. It looks like it will be a cool knit – a cowl with a twist. It is designed to be able to be worn around the shoulders.
- Color Affection Shawl – Frogged but haven’t started over yet. I still want to knit it (at a tighter gauge) but other things are more interesting right now.