What’s on my needles right now!
The good news is I have finish-itis right now. Don’t worry, never lasts long. I just finished my next shawl design (actually a stole with beads) and am going to primarily work on two other projects before starting the sample knitting for my next design.
- Diadem– I’m hoping to return to focusing on this next. Unfortunately, I need to knit it at home, in good light, with minimal distraction. Brief reminder – this is the shawl I’m knitting for my friend Patty in exchange for a pair of handknit socks. And she’s making good progress on the socks so I better hurry this up! Yarn is from Zen Garden (I think Serenity Silk – the light fingering weight one) and the pattern is Diadem by Ruth Greenwald.
- Starry Whovian Socks – I am still loving knitting on this tiny circular needle. I was actually farther along but really didn’t like where I’d started the ribbing I out ripped back a bit and started that ribbing earlier. It’s become my current “brainless knitting” project that I can do anywhere, anytime. These are plain socks with ribbing across the top, knit toe-up with an after-thought heel. I’m using Quaere Fibre Sparkle Sock in the colorway Dr. Who Vincent and the Doctor.
- Radiance Shawl– If you follow me on Instagram you know this was one of the three contenders for my next shawl. I like the pattern, love the feel and color of the yarn but its just so darn splitty. And I just finished another large lace project so would like to knit something a little heavier next. Yarn is from Skeindulous Ursula in the color Little Ray of Happiness and the pattern is Radiance Shawl by Helen Stewart of Curious Handmade.
- Alpaca Fresh Till Cowl– An easy peasy cowl for fall/winter. Another one I keep handy for brain dead knitting. Yarn is from Classic Elite Yarns Inca Alpaca in a teal color and the pattern is Fresh Till Cowl by Rebecca Fox.
- Caprica Socks – More socks. This has gone into hibernation. I might pull them out after my Whovian socks and keep knitting or I might rip them out. Yarn is Knit Picks Felici, a super soft merino/nylon blend, in the colorway Caprica.
- Scarlet Capelet -Remember I said I was thinking of ripping this out? I did. I’m going to knit another cape but one without a hood and with cables. The yarn is Miss Babs Northumbria Aran in Vlads.