What’s on my needles right now!
A lot of my recent knitting time I’ve been spending on new designs for the fall. I’ll talk briefly about those, and the other knitting projects I hope to get back to.
- Lansford Canal Cowl – This is a new design I just finished the sample for. It has cables, lace and beads and is knit out of One Twisted Tree Prime in the Miss Fisher’s Pearl Handled Pistol colorway (FYI – One Twisted Tree yarns are dyed by Danie of the Prairie Girls Knit and Spin podcast – which I highly recommend). The pattern is with test knitters and the tech editor right now and I’m hoping to release around August 23 or so.
- A yet un-named shawl for fall – This is a new design I’m just starting. It has two cable panels, a lace panel and mesh on the outside edges. It is knit out of Zen Yarn Garden’s Serenity, which feels heavenly to touch. Like I could just sit and pet it.
- On the Road – I’m just starting this one and it will function as my Stitches Midwest knitting when I need something easy to work on. Yarn is superwash merino from A Good Yarn, which is local dyer, and the pattern is On the Road by Janina Kallio.
- Diadem– I’m hoping to return to focusing on this next. Unfortunately, I need to knit it at home, in good light, with minimal distraction. Brief reminder – this is the shawl I’m knitting for my friend Patty in exchange for a pair of handknit socks. And she’s making good progress on the socks so I better hurry this up! Yarn is from Zen Garden (I think Serenity Silk – the light fingering weight one) and the pattern is Diadem by Ruth Greenwald.
- Starry Whovian Socks – I am still loving knitting on this tiny circular needle. I was actually farther along but really didn’t like where I’d started the ribbing I out ripped back a bit and started that ribbing earlier. It’s become my current “brainless knitting” project that I can do anywhere, anytime. These are plain socks with ribbing across the top, knit toe-up with an after-thought heel. I’m using Quaere Fibre Sparkle Sock in the colorway Dr. Who Vincent and the Doctor.
- Radiance Shawl– This one is actually “off” the needles now because I ripped it out. I was really struggling with the splitty-ness of the yarn and decided at this point in time I couldn’t do “frustrating knittng.”
- Caprica Socks – More socks. This has gone into hibernation. I might pull them out after my Whovian socks and keep knitting or I might rip them out. Yarn is Knit Picks Felici, a super soft merino/nylon blend, in the colorway Caprica.