What’s on my needles right now!
How is it March already?!? I have several projects nearly completion and even more lined up next in the queue. Luckily I seem to have caught finish-itis so maybe some of these will get done!
- Diadem– I’m so close to being done with this it’s silly its not done – all that’s left is the knitted on border. Unfortunately, I need to knit it at home, in good light, with minimal distraction. And the border is slow going and fiddly. Brief reminder – this is the shawl I’m knitting for my friend Patty in exchange for a pair of handknit socks. Yarn is from Zen Garden (I think Serenity Silk – the light fingering weight one) and the pattern is Diadem by Ruth Greenwald. PS – the photo color doesn’t do it justice at all. It’s actually a deep midnight blue with a lot of sheen.
- Chromatic Cowl– Remember I mentioned learning brioche knitting at the Knitting Pipeline retreat? This is the pattern we used for the class. I’m now through color number four with two more to go (blue and green). Now that I have the brioche “process” in my brain this is actually pretty brainless knitting. I’m using a Chromatic Cowl kit from Knit Circus yarns and the pattern is Chromatic Cowl by Amy Detjen (it is free on Ravelry).
- Alpaca Cape – A big, heavy, warm, snuggly cape, that’s what I want(ed). My yarny Christmas present to myself was several skeins of Cascade Yarn Baby Alpaca Chunky for a cape, which I promptly started over the Christmas holiday. And I knit on it A LOT in January. Then it got warm in February and my interest waned. I still plan to finish it (and before the fall) but it’s just not my “hot project” right now. I don’t have a pattern for it – I’m just knitting it like a top down raglan without ever dividing off for sleeves. I plan to knit until I’m into the last skein and then stop to do a nice wide button band. The yarn is amazing and squishy – and very warm!
- Starry Whovian Socks – I am still loving knitting on this tiny circular needle. I’ve made just a bit of progress since the last time I posted, mostly because I don’t work on it very often. It’s become my current “brainless knitting” project that I can do anywhere, anytime. These are plain socks with ribbing across the top, knit toe-up with an after-thought heel. I’m using Quaere Fibre Sparkle Sock in the colorway Dr. Who Vincent and the Doctor.
- Caprica Socks – More socks. This has gone into hibernation. I might pull them out after my Whovian socks and keep knitting or I might rip them out. Yarn is Knit Picks Felici, a super soft merino/nylon blend, in the colorway Caprica.