What’s on my needles right now!
With a couple things done, some more have been added.
- Weirwood Shawl – I finished the first garter stitch section and originally planned to use a gray in the same yarn as the varigated yarn. But the gray just didn’t work. Then I tried bright blue, then electric purple and last night I wound up some black yarn to try. I feel pretty sure it will work and not detract from the beautiful varigated yarn. IThe pattern is Weirwood of Winterfell by Sarah Bench and costs $6 on Ravelry. The pattern uses two colors of yarn, both fingering weight. I’ve used Destination Yarns Note Yarn (100% merino single ply) in the colorway MiraCLE for the garter stitch sections and Madelintosh Tosh Merino Light in the colorway Onyx for the lace. Game of Thrones bag made by me with fabric from Joanns.
- Super Top Secret Project – I’m working on a super top secret project that I can’t talk about because it’s a gift for someone special. I’m not working on it exclusively so it might be a while but I am enjoying the knitting.
- Wicked Mormorio – One of my social-knitting (aka don’t have to pay attention to) projects. I work on this every now and then but it isn’t an “exciting” knit for me. Pattern is Mormorio by Heather Zoppetti and costs $6 on Ravelry. The pattern uses two colors of yarn, both fingering weight. The first I’ve used is Another Crafty Girl‘s Strong Sock in the colorway Numerical Vampire and the second I’ve used is Dyeabolical Yarns Tenacious Sock int the colorway Ever After. Beauty and the Beast bag made by me with fabric from Joanns.
- Golden Rapunzel – This is very much NOT brain-dead knitting. Lace (both right and wrong side) with beads. The other fun part of this pattern is its knit bottom up (so from the large edge of the shawl up to the neck). Pattern is Rapunzel Let Down Your Hair by Lily Go and costs $5 on Ravelry. Heads up – it is not a beginner friendly pattern. Yarn is Iachos from A Hundred Ravens in the colorway Apollo. I’m a bit worried about running out beads at this point. Forget yarn chicken – I’m going for bead chicken!
- Lambton Panes – This is also not a brain-dead project. I think it will be gorgeous when its done but I’m a bit worried my gauge is too loose and I may need to start over. Pattern is Lambton Panes by Cowtownknits and costs about $5.43 on Ravelry. The gradient yarn is 50 shades of gradient from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For in the colorway United and the gray is superwash merino in the colorway Noir.
- Starry Whovian Socks – I am still loving knitting on this tiny circular needle. I’ve made just a bit of progress since the last time I posted, mostly because I don’t work on it very often. It’s become my current “brainless knitting” project that I can do anywhere, anytime. These are plain socks with ribbing across the top, knit toe-up with an after-thought heel. I’m using Quaere Fibre Sparkle Sock in the colorway Dr. Who Vincent and the Doctor. Bag is from Erin Lane Bags.
- Sock Yarn Blanket – I am still loving knitting on this tiny circular needle. I’m still on track to meet my goal to hit 100 squares by the end of the year. Bag is from Erin Lane Bags.